• 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
• 1 4-ounce can or jar yellow curry paste
• 3/4 pound carrots, peeled, cut into 1/2″-thick rounds
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1″ pieces
• 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes (about 3), peeled, cut into 1/2″ pieces
• 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1″ pieces
• 1 13.5-ounce or 15-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
• Chopped fresh basil and cilantro
Heat oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add carrots, onion, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent, about 10 minutes.
Add potatoes, chicken, coconut milk, and 1 1/2 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Divide curry among bowls and top with herbs.