• 1 large head of cauliflower
• 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1/2 cup almond flour (or any GF flour of your choosing)
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 cup fully cooked bacon, chopped (optional)
• ½ cup shredded manchego cheese (optional)
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder
• 3/4 tsp sea salt
• 1/2 tsp black pepper
• 1 jalapeño, chopped (keep the seeds if you like it spicy!)
• Note: You can add one cup of shredded cheese into the final mixture if you aren’t eating a strict paleo diet.
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
2. Using the pulse button on your food processor, cut the cauliflower into pieces the size of rice. Be careful not to over blend!
3. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
4. Sauté the shredded cauliflower with jalapeño, bacon, & spices for about 7 minutes to get the cauliflower cooking (should be softened & slightly translucent).
5. Remove from heat, and stir in the eggs & almond flour.
6. With a 1/3-cup measuring cup, scoop the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Tap the cup down firmly onto the sheet to make sure it all comes out.
7. Bake the biscuits at 400ºF for 35-40 minutes, or until they look browned & crispy.
8. Allow the biscuits to cool on the sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.