Try these gluten-free and Paleo-friendly banana bread muffins. They are high in fiber and protein, while being low calorie. Kick your day off with a healthy start, and even better they’ll last all week, so make them ahead of time!
Oil, for greasing muffin tin
1 1/2 cups almond meal
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 large eggs
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup applesauce, no sugar added
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease the wells of a 12-cup muffin tin with oil.
- Mix the almond meal, pecans, cinnamon, baking soda, and nutmeg in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- In a separate medium-size mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Stir in the bananas, applesauce, and vanilla, and mix until just combined.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, being careful not to overmix, then spoon the batter into the wells of the greased muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of each muffin comes out clean.
Yield: 12 Muffins
Recipe Courtesy of: http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Paleo-Banana-Muffins-35454575